It would be a doggone shame if your pet never got to meet Santa Claus. We heard the big guy in red loves animals just as much as delivering dreams to children. So we did the only reasonable thing: We called him and asked if he would swing by Kimpton hotels to greet your pets with a “hello” (or “ho-ho-ho,” as the case may be).
So tell your dog. Round up your cat. Get your parakeet ready. Any pet, as long as they fit through the front door, is welcome to meet ol’ Kris Kringle at Kimpton’s Fourth Annual Santa Paws event at our participating hotels nationwide.*
On December 8th and 9th from 2-4 p.m., pets will score holiday treats and photo opportunities with Santa in our living room lobbies. Bring your own camera or smart phone and snap away!
Because your cuddly friends shouldn’t have all the fun, we’re offering a special during Santa Paws weekend, as well as throughout the winter season. Book our “Cocktails for $1 More” promotion and for just a buck above our best available rate, you can enjoy two complimentary cocktails for every night you stay with us.
Now, on Dasher, Prancer, Donner and Vixen! There are some eager pets waiting for your arrival.
*Participating hotels are as follows:
Alexis Hotel – Seattle, WA
Canary Hotel – Santa Barbara, CA
Cypress Hotel – Cupertino, CA
EPIC Hotel – Miami, FL
The Grand Hotel – Minneapolis, MN
Ink48 Hotel – New York, NY (Sat., Dec. 8 only)
70 park avenue – New York, NY (Sun., Dec. 9 only)
Hotel Allegro – Chicago, IL
Hotel La Jolla – La Jolla, CA
Hotel Lumen – Dallas, TX
Hotel Marlowe – Cambridge, MA
Hotel Monaco – Alexandria, VA
Hotel Monaco – Baltimore, MD (Sat., Dec. 8 only)
Hotel Monaco – Denver, CO
Hotel Monaco – Portland, OR
Hotel Monaco – Salt Lake City, UT
Hotel Monaco – Washington, DC
Hotel Palomar – Philadelphia, PA
Hotel Palomar – Phoenix, AZ
Hotel Palomar – San Diego, CA
Prescott Hotel – San Francisco, CA
Surfcomber Hotel – Miami, FL
Vero Beach Hotel & Spa – Vero Beach, FL
Make your reservation at any of these hotels online at KimptonHotels.com.
Traveling with a Pet?
Make sure your trip with Sir Barksalot is a breeze. Here are our nine tips for traveling with pets.
1. List the address of your final destination on your pet’s collar. This is easy to do with a sticker.
2. Before the big journey, do a day trip or quick overnight somewhere to acclimate your pet to travel.
3. Alleviate your pet’s stress by bringing familiar scented items from home.
4. Trim your pet’s nails prior to travel to avoid damage to surroundings and people.
5. Research 24-hour veterinary services at your final destination and program the number into your phone.
6. For your day of travel, pack a pet first-aid kit, snacks, water and food to last two days. You never know if you’ll encounter delays.
7. Order your favorite pet food to be delivered to your final destination so you don’t have to carry all that extra weight or get charged by the airlines. Chewy.com delivers for free.
8. Check the weather frequently for your destination and make sure your pet is ready, whether that means a haircut for hot weather or buying a sweater for cold climes.
9. If you’re staying at a Kimpton hotel, make sure to let us know that you’re bringing your pet when making your reservation. We’ll ensure that your room is just right, including complimentary pet beds and bowls.
Here’s to fun and stress-free adventures with your pet. Yappy travels, friends!